This is an open call, and an invitation for gig organisers to take part in an in depth feature about venues in Galway city. Organisers would include anyone who has experience dealing with venues in the lead up to putting on a gig, either on a regular basis or sporadically. By a gig, I mean a music event which includes a performance. All genres and styles of music should be represented in this feature.
Over the past few years I’ve spoken to people in various parts of the music scene here in Galway about their opinions on venues. The responses I’ve gotten have piqued my interest in the topic and I think it needs a proper look, and some thorough attention.
Some essential details
- The investigation will feature as many interviews as possible – that’s where you come in.
- I will also be interviewing venue owners.
- These interviews will be recorded in audio.
- If a participant would like to be more visible, they can be recorded in video either in part or whole.
- To take part you will need to sign a consent form.
- You have the option to remain anonymous.
- The interviews will begin on February 12 and will continue until there are no more people willing to take part.
- I really don’t have any agenda here, I just see a topic that needs to be discussed.
- Your opinions on the presence or absence of any issues with venues in Galway will be respected.
- Take a look at some stuff I’ve done before to get a sense of the way I treat interviews and topics:
- An interview with local not for profit organisation for asylum seekers.
- Interviews with organisations involved in the debate around sex workers & sex trafficking.
- Interviews with music producers & DJs.
- Audio interview with gallery owner.
Lazer Guided Reporter is a not for profit, non-commercial independent source of news. If you’re interested in taking part you can email Yvonne at firstname.lastname@example.org.